In AX 4 and 2009 if a purchase order (PO) was deleted you could easily navigate to the voided purchase orders and restore the same.
But since AX 2012 was released there is no longer an option to restore or view such Purchase orders.
I strongly suggest you have the following setup:
1) Make sure you have safety levels of invoiced POs
2) Setup Database logging on delete of POs
Safety levels can be setup on the Procurement Parameters setup as shown below this basically specifies whether to allow changes to a fully invoiced purchase order, the options are.
- None – You can add new order lines to an invoiced purchase order.
- Warning – You can add new order lines to an invoiced purchase order, but a warning message is displayed.
- Locked – You cannot make any changes to an invoiced purchase order.
Ideally it should be on Locked for audit purposes, since a PO is an external legal document in most cases around the world. We wouldn’t want invoiced orders to be deleted.
Setup database logging for the Purchase orders header on delete that way if a user does delete an open PO it you can view the same from the AX table SysDatabaseLog as show below:
If you need more info on how to setup database logging please see my other post below:
This will just help track who has deleted the same which will help in an audit sense.
Keep on DAXing ppl.